Owner: L&R Group of Companies / The State Bar of CaliforniaArchitect: LEAN Arch
Nabih Youssef Associates
Rehabilitation of this 50 year old, five (5) story / 140,000 sq ft abandoned building included:
- Repair and replacement of all building utility services
- Major structural / seismic renovation including new shearwalls, drag beams, CFRP reinforcement of existing members and repairs to existing post tensioned slab system
- Removal and replacement of approximately 20,000 sq ft of existing curtainwall
- Installation of approximately 10,000 sq ft of new curtainwall, including the creation of new exterior wall openings for new windows.
- Refinishing of the building exterior with plaster and EIFS (previously painted masonry)
- Installation of distributed building utilities (plumbing, electrical, HVAC) for future extension during TI
- Installation of completely new fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems
- Removal and replacement of all existing site improvements, including concrete entry and patio, and adjacent parking lot/civil improvements. Build-out of approximately 15,000 sq ft for Class A TI for the (previous) building owners.
- Preparation of 24,000 sq ft of shell for a new Smart & Final Extra, a grocery store chain that opened its original location in LA over 140 years ago.