Owner: L & R Group of CompaniesArchitect: Verdego Design, LLC
The Wally Park Premier Airport Parking renovation project consisted of a complete remodel of the lobby, reception, restrooms and valet drop off zone. Working with the designer's concept of turning a functional but sterile space into a more welcoming environment like that of a hotel lobby, the redesign included:
- Apaviza tile imported from Italy
- Cherry wood veneer wall panels with walnut cabinetry
- Warmer paint colors
- Softer lighting and incorporation of custom pendant light fixtures
- Replacing the existing full height storefront separating the lobby from the valet area with a picture window
- Framing the entry with new columns and soffits wrapped in dark bronze VM zinc metal panels
In the valet drop off zone, the ceiling was painted white and softer lighting was integrated with the use of 8' long indirect pendants. A re-epoxy of the floor with warmer earth tones and the addition of a bronze tile to the columns added the final touch to the valet area.
To complicate matters, the facility is open to the public 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, so each phase needed to be coordinated and successfully executed to ensure that the parking facility remained fully operational during construction.