Owner: Laguna Sapphire, LLCArchitect: Si Teller Architects
The Sapphire Laguna is helmed by renowned Chef Azmin Gharhreman, who left his position as Executive Chef at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort to start his own venture in Laguna Beach. Aiming for a laid-back beach environment with a rustic, earthy feel, the restaurant is filled with dark wood beams, natural wood tables, restored wood flooring and fine art from local artists. Sapphire Laguna is an adaptive reuse of The Pottery Shack, a historical city landmark, which includes:
- An open, exhibition-style kitchen.
- An outdoor patio with large marigold umbrellas, a modern fire pit, and ocean views.
- Colorful hand-blown glass sconces and chandeliers.
- Reach-in wine vaults that house more than 900 bottles.
- A conversation piece bar top made from a redwood tree dating back to the 1700's.