Owner: Laemmle TheatresArchitect: Tanizaki & Associates
Laemmle Theatres, LA's premier destination for independent and foreign films, operates eight locations throughout Los Angeles. Their latest venue, Laemmle Royal, is a renovation of a circa 1920's single screen, 600-seat cinema on Santa Monica Boulevard in West LA. The six month transformation of the original 9,688 sq.ft. space included:
- An expansion to a three-screen multiplex to accommodate 185, 86, and 41 movie-goers in each theatre.
- An upgrade to digital projection from Christie Digital, making the Royal the first cinema in LA to operate without a projection booth.
- Preservation of the original proscenium arch in the main auditorium.
- Full stadium seating by Seating Concepts.
- New restroom, concession stand, and box office.
- Retrofit of the building with a fire sprinkler system and design/build MEP.