Owner: Orange County School of the Arts
Howard CDM completely renovated and upgraded the 14,000-SF historic church. Originally built in 1923, the church sits on the Orange County School of the Arts campus. Over $1 million was invested to convert the building into the school’s concert and theater facility named Symphony Hall. Construction was completed on schedule during summer break and took approximately eight weeks.
Howard CDM ensured compliance with ADA requirements and completed the design/build of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems. Renovations to the interior theater, balcony and lobby areas included new theater seating, draperies, carpet and refinishing of the wood floors.
State-of-the-art equipment—an audio system, theatrical lighting and rigging, dimming, sound and power control systems—were all integrated into the space. Howard CDM added a new tension grid catwalk system and acoustical treatment to the existing audience chamber and studios. The HVAC system and lighting fixtures were upgraded throughout the building to comply with the latest code requirements.